Any questions regarding what needs to be done to be complete this year, let me know. Email (email@example.com) or call at the office during business hours. (337-1300) you can leave a message on my cell 370-1300
See the michiganreferee.com website, it should answer just about any question regarding the process of becoming an on-ice official.
Steps in a nutshell
1. Register as an official on the USA Hockey website and pay the fee.
2. Register for the Calumet Seminar Oct 11 (separate step from above)
3. If 18 or over make sure you have obtained a background check (see link on michiganreferee.com) If you had it done last year and paid your $10 you should be good for this year as well.
4. View online seminar "Pre-Required" section and pass quizzes before attending the seminar
5. Attend Seminar and pass closed book exam if applicable.
6. Finish viewing online seminar requirements. Depending on level you may be required to view a number of "Elective" presentations.
7. If over 18 view the Safe Sport presentations and pass quizzes
8. Complete and pass open book test.
Also, if you are new this year or have been out of refereeing for a year or two. Please print the W-4 form off this website and get it to me. You can't get paid without it. Any questions, let me know.
The Calumet Hockey Association only employs officials that are registered with USA Hockey. Registration at USAHockey.com usually opens August 1st. In order to become an official, the following requirements must be met:
If you would like more information or have questions about becoming an official or would like to know what to expect, please contact Marc. Business phone: 337-1300; cell: 370-1300; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information regarding registration, seminar schedules, seminar registration and the background check may be found at this website: http://www.michiganreferee.com/
Below you will find a link for a downloadable pdf of the contact sheet and MI-W4 tax form.
If you want me to assign you games, I will need your contact information. Assignments are given via email, unless you specifically tell me to call. The email should be one that you check often and list the best phone number(s) at which you can be reached. (Under 18 officials please get your parents permission as to which phone and email you give me.)
New officials, I cannot, and will not assign games until I get the W-4. I cannot assign games to offiicals who are not complete, so get those tests done boys!
Note: Normally I send out assignments by Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. If I do not get a reply by Tuesday night I will assign the game to someone else.
If you should happen to assess a game misconduct or match penalty you must submit an online game report within 48 hours. Go to the Michigan Referee-in-Chief's web page, the instructions for finding the game report page are there.
You must have the head coaches phone numbers. It will be best if you have them put their phone number on the score sheet before the game starts.
Here's a link for the Michigan Referee-in-Chief's webpage: http://www.michiganreferee.com/